Link back to the person who tagged you
Answer their 11 questions
Tag 11 bloggers
Ask them 11 questions
Let them know you've tagged them
1. What is your personality type?
INTJ. Introvert, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger. This basically means I think more than talk, come across worse than I am, and don't like to be touched. I will smack you.
2. What part of writing a blog post takes the longest for you?
Just like Faith, I think linking to people, doing tags, inserting pictures, and all that jazz that I save for the final step of blogging takes me longer than anything else.
3. Would you rather smell fresh-cut grass or campfire smoke?
I guess fresh-cut grass. But I don't like either of these smells very much D:
4. What's the last song you listened to? (And did you like it?)
Shenandoah by Peter Hollens. YES! Oh my goodness, go check out his amazing a capella tenor right now!
5. What's the last movie you watched? (And did you like it?)
Tomorrowland. Not really. It was surprisingly violent (I thought), even though it wasn't graphic. And it was pretty drawn out and a little random? And there wasn't actually that much time in Tomorrowland. It was a neat concept, though. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't planning for Camp NaNo on top of it all :P
6. What's the last book you finished? (And did you like it?)
1776 by David McCullough. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It was really well-done and incredibly detailed, but I have no need to know the strategies of every battle from 1776. I would prefer the big picture. But all the quotes and character development of General Washington made it worth the long read :)
7. Do you have a reading goal for this year?
Well, I didn't. But then I joined Goodreads, so now my goal is 50. And I've read . . . 20? Oops.
8. Would you rather use a pen or a pencil? If you chose pen, what color of ink?
In general, a pen. I like black ink the best, but blue is fine, too. I'm very particular about using the same color of ink throughout a notebook, so it really depends on which color I start with. I reserve red ink for marking things up :D
9. What's your favorite historical time period?
SO MANY!!! My favorites are ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt for other parts of the world. And for America, I really like the "Pilgrim era" (pre-1750s) and the Industrial Revolution. So if you have any really good Historical Fiction books from these eras, do recommend them and I'll love you forever. :D
10. Describe yourself in one sentence. (It's almost a question.)
O.O A budding novelist and aspiring editor with a love for God, chocolate, period pieces, and mushrooms. (Yes, I know it sounds like a lame social media tagline.)
11. Do you enjoy tags? (Or are you only filling this out because you feel obligated? B-))
I do enjoy tags. I just hope my readers enjoy reading all of my tags. Thankfully, I procrastinated so long on this one that it should be refreshing :P
Gonna bend the rules again. If you want to do it, do it!
1. What is the most epic summer you've ever had (and why)?
2. What is your favorite sort of weather (not temperature)?
3. Would you rather live in a treehouse or an underwater cave?
4. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
5. What is the furthest you have ever been from home?
6. If you could be a color, which one would you be?
7. If you could choose one thing to bring into this world, what would it be (invention, cure, solution, feeling)?
8. What is an instrument you would like to play (but don't)?
9. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
10. What do you notice first about a stranger?
11. Have you ever fallen asleep reading?
Feel free to answer the questions (any or all) in the comments if you don't want to do a blog post. As a bonus, I promise to truthfully answer any question you can think of to ask me! Have a great Independence Day (those of you who are American)! :)