Saturday, March 23, 2019

How to Make an Author's Day

Hey, everyone! Now that I've used my one unexcused absence for the year over a particularly hectic weekend ... I thought I'd come back with something a little more lighthearted! Let's take a look at how to make an author's day.


Making an author's day is a lot simpler than you might think! This isn't an exhaustive list, I'm sure. But each one of these tasks is guaranteed to make an author's day!


  • read the book *gasp*
  • review it (especially on Amazon)
  • ask your library to stock it
  • take pictures of the prettiness
  • share said pictures (tag the author and use hashtags!)
  • lend your copy to friends
  • better yet, buy them their own copy
  • recommend the book (in person or on Goodreads)
  • participate in release prep
  • talk about the book on social media
  • share its pretty cover
  • blog post about the book
  • interview the author
  • share when it's on sale
  • join in book-related events
  • message the author to say you loved it
  • share your favorite quotes or scenes (no spoilers!)
  • be ready to recommend the book at all times
  • make the book your new go-to birthday gift
  • hoard multiple copies just because

I die a little bit (of happiness, of course) anytime someone tells me they've done one of these. Just ugh. So amazing. And then there's the unexpected like a reader having a dream about your characters or having their perspective changed by reading the book. Guys. This is why we do what we do. Not for our glory, but for Jesus's. We have the power to make a difference!
I've gotten better about reviewing, so next I want to start asking our library to get books I love! What would you add to this list?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! All of these are so great. <3 And when people get excited over new releases... *happy smile* Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recommending books I love ... for as long as I can remember. And I love writing reviews ... just trying to never get behind on them, is hard. ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a post about easy ways to support Indie authors, too!! :D ♥ NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Abi! Thanks for the ideas!! <3

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are how I know you've been here! I try hard to reply to all the comments in a timely fashion, but regardless, know that if you leave a comment, I will read it and it will make me smile. :) Please no profanity or soliciting.